Three open Urban Field Trips 2017 about Melting Pot, Urban Development and Nature Based Solutions – more info here.
Melting Pot Urban Field Trip
In less than 20 years, Marseille has evolved from one of the most vilified cities in Europe to one of the most vibrant ones.
Maybe it’s because of more than 300 days sun a year? Or is it the history of more than 2500 years of immigration that makes it the most divers city of Europe, where dozens of different cultures can live together? Is it the seaport, that has always given an open view to the world? Or is it the typical Provençal village spirit in a cosmopolitan melting pot? Or is it the energy appearing from all that diversity?
We take you on a journey through Marseille, the melting pot of Europe, together with citymakers, citizens and entrepreneurs to discover the power, beauty and opportunities of this super-divers city. We invite you to discover Marseille, to taste and feel the city. And learn from it. Because diversity is an accelerator of successful change, the resilience of people overcomes crises and culture is the motor for revival. Experience the vibrant, colorful energy with which this popular city is building a different future.
Joke Quintens and Dirk Chauvaux guide you through Marseille and on your way you meet citymakers who show and explain Marseille to you. Our basic program of 4 days/3 nights from Thursday until Sunday can be customised, depending on the group. The theme of “Melting Pot” can be general or focused on a certain issue like “entrepreneurship”, “nature based solutions”, “culture”, urban development” etc.
Day 1 * Jump in Marseille!
* TGV Brussels-Marseille, check-in.
* Walk to a unique location for special welcome and apéro.
* Marseille through the eyes of an inspring resident.
Day 2 * Marseille with a view
* 360 ° Marseille – Notre Dame de la Garde, about the city, the neighbourhoods, history and future.
* 2600 years of coming and going – Mucem and Jardin des Migrations, about immigration. (citymaker)
* Lunch with a view.
* Urban Development on a large scale in the port area La Joliette (citymaker) and neighbourhood Le Panier.
* Dinner and evening walk.
Day 3 * Marseille bottom-up
About building new ways to live and cooperate together. As citizens, as entrepreneurs, as likeminded groups, as neighbourhoods.
* From tabacco factory to cultural hotspot, La Friche la Belle De Mai (citymaker).
* Survival economy, Centre Commercial Les Puces.
* Lunch Melting*Pot.
* Etnic-divers communities of Marseille: Noailles, Cour Belsunce (citymaker), Cour Julien.
* Match of Olympic Marseille or a cultural activity.
Day 4 * Marseille together
* Intercultural dialogue in Parc 26ième Centenaire of Marseille Espérance (citymaker).
* The beaches and other public shared spaces.
* Lunch on the beach.
* Le Corbusier, cité Radieuse, a city in itself.
* TGV Marseille-Brussels.
For customised offers or more information, please contact email@example.com +32474976272
Example of a detailed customized program: Melting Pot Urban Field Trip (Dutch)